Monday 20 September 2010

Slacker is Back

Good Afternoon my fellow bloggers and Vicki's new Buddy Alan! Hi!

Well what a boring summer it has been. I must admit there has been some awesome moments of fun (like camping in my back garden) but when most friends work full time and I am at home with the Dog you do start to go a bit crazy - it is surprising how dinlo one can really go. But the slacker is back with the help of a very nice Macbook Pro - it is most definitely love.

I had all intentions of planning out a whole new project and making the most of the time off, but after having a break and clearing my head of all FDeg stuff, I never got back into the swing of things and I am ashamed to say that my poor RZ has been sat in the bedroom all summer. I have taken some photos but nothing great, just the usual snap shots and fun times but I am really looking forward to getting back to college and getting in the darkroom to make some big prints.

I am hoping that the blog is going to be my friend this year and that I am going to to be updating like there is no tomorrow. I know that this is going to be stressful year and that there is a lot of work involved. I always go in with the same attitude of - I can get it done, I always do. Yes it is true, but i want to be able to be working hard all year and achieve the best grade possible, I am sure I will occasionally be doing the final little bits to the early hours but I want to be able to spread the work out. My biggest fear (sound like Andy) is not having the strongest of projects and having to talk about it to the board. My projects always become stronger towards the end so I need to go to the induction day on Thursday with a few possible ideas that I think will work - but i am finding it so difficult to decide on what I want to do. I know that there is a part of me that would have loved to have done still life - but I feel that being my final year at college is the perfect opportunity for me t0 take on a great Documentary project - God I am going to find it hard to stay away from shallow Depth of Field. There will always be work out their for Still Life and once college is complete and I have done some travelling that is when I will go live in a Studio!

I have a couple of possible ideas that I would like to work on but I think I need to talk to Ian and before i do that I must try and get some research and answer the question of why?!


2 comments:

  1. Don't be dissing that shallooooow depth of field.
    It is our friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will miss it dearly, hopefully it'll never be too far away :)

    ReplyDelete